- Assessments used to be completed with pen & paper and faxed or on a single code-locked computer (and stored on floppy discs!). Today, all our assessments are available online.
- Early assessments described people with bullet points and short phrases. They had to be hand-checked for accuracy by PhD psychologists. Now, complex algorithms produce amazingly accurate narrative reports as soon as you click “done”.
- Assessments used to be one-size-fits-all, but now instruments have been validated to different positions so that the insights are more specific to the job context: bank tellers, outbound call centers, nurses and healthcare workers, sales associates, store managers, and many more.
How we started…
Motivation for launching: As a manager in the late 1980s, Norm was distressed to see how often employees were mistreated. He wanted to find a way to help companies do a better job of taking care of their people. hireMAX was built on the foundation on hiring the right people and then treating people right.
What’s in a name?
The first part of the hireMAX equation is all about finding the very BEST people for the job. The MAX side is all about treating your employees right and leading them to bring out their best performance.
hireMAX = hire the right people + MAXimize their performance
Cool Facts (click!)
- Early adopter of the Internet. We’ve had a website since 1995—the same year the word “Internet” was created.
- Check out this screen shot from the Wayback Machine showing our homepage in 1998!
- A semi-pro basketball season claims our assessments turned their season around and led them to a league championship!
- Once set up 70 telecom stores with their own assessments and reporting websites in a single day!
- We have assessments in 40 languages (hireMAX helped get one translated into Chinese!).
- We think it’s pretty cool that we’ve had the opportunity to serve clients in Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Philippines, and Canada.
- Several clients have stayed with us for over 20 years. They say it’s because of our over-the-top customer service.
Once Norm was speaking in a hotel meeting room just off of a bar. Tons of people squeezed into the small room, and the organizers had to set his podium right in front of the restroom doors. Everytime people from the bar wanted to use the restroom, Norm had to move the podium for them to go in and then again when they came out!
Texas or Bust
We look forward to helping you accomplish much more in the years to come and growing the relationships that matter most. Thank you for being a part of our journey so far!
Latest posts by Dr. Shero (see all)
- Three Ways Leaders Can Become Influencers - January 27, 2017
- The Costly Gift of Employee Feedback - January 3, 2017
- The Ideal Leadership Personality (Do you have it?) - October 28, 2016